Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Valentine's Day Extravaganza -- Day 3

 Photobucket

Today's theme is "Engagement Stories"

Before I tell you the engagement story let me give you a little bit of history! If you read any of the previous Valentine's Day Extravaganza posts you know that T and I started dating in high school (and if you haven't you know now! lol). Well, we were an "off and on" kind of couple when we were dating. We dated for a few months then broke up then got back together several different times! Well, in August of 2004 T moved to Mississippi to get to know his mom, grandmother and brother (he was adopted and that's why he didn't "know" them). I thought it was over for good because neither one of us knew if he would come back to Tennessee. Then, in June or July the next year he came back to Tennessee because his foster mother was very ill and about to pass. About a month later she did pass. I was there for him the whole time she was in the hospital and the entire time he was grieving. I guess that's when he realized that he had a good girl and didn't want to let me go. Maybe a month after his mom's passing we were sitting on my aunt's porch by ourselves and he just started telling me how much he cared about me and that he didn't want to live life without me. (I fought back tears!) He didn't have a ring at the time because he had just came back up here and didn't have a job yet! I didn't care, though. I knew what he was saying was coming from his heart and I couldn't/wouldn't deny him and break his heart. And that's our little story!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment